Monday, July 28, 2008

Walden Island - Day 23 & 24

We did a little work on Saturday, not too much though. Jamie finished venting the toilet and had to make a run to the store for the remaining parts. I tried to do some reading and visiting. We then went out to play on the wave runners for a bit. Before going back to our house, we stopped to visit Mike & Pauline (the people we bought the property from)...and that's where the drinking started. We had been invited to dinner at Steve & KC's (the yellow house down in front of ours) - everything was wonderful! We were drinking there too and then off to another neighbors...and then another and more drinking. It was like a giant party! I have no idea what time we got back home (it's nice to just stagger home, but the moon isn't very bright sometimes.)

I woke up about 7:30am on Sunday morning with quite the headache. I did sit outside to read for a while and enjoy the birds though. Then I got Lilly (Steve & KC's new puppy) and walked around with her to find Moxie. They played together for almost 2 hours before we walked back up to our house to check on Jamie. He was still asleep and I finally woke him up at 11:45 - he was NOT feeling well at all. When KC got home from church, she came over to get Lilly and then I finally made something to eat for Jamie and I. I think it was a little before 4pm before Jamie got up and started moving around - he was napping off/on in the sun and recouping. I snuck in a little nap too.

Lilly found my camera case


Jamie did get the stairs enclosed so there is a bit more privacy in the bathroom. We cleaned up and went home a bit earlier than usual.

"Why I smiled today" - watching Moxie and Lilly play for almost two hours. Moxie is such a good dog - even though I had to remind her a couple of times that she can't "box" the puppy. I told Jamie that Moxie wants a puppy now. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment