Monday, July 28, 2008

Walden Island - Day 22

We didn't get up to the island until Friday evening. We mostly just unpacked, set things up and watched movies. About half way through our first movie, I saw (what I thought) was a bat fly through the room and then go upstairs. I looked at Jamie and said "did you see that?" and he said "yes" - whew! Jamie took a broom upstairs and looked all over for the bat as I was searching (not too carefully) downstairs. We couldn't find it, so we figured it went out the same way it had come in (which we couldn't find either). About 20 minutes later, he flies downstairs and swoops around again. This time, Jamie found him upstairs and got him out through the window. BUT...another 20 minutes later...here he comes again! Jamie found him upstairs again and got him back outside. Thankfully, he didn't come back and we were able to finish our movies. If you haven't seen he movie Stop Loss - it's a good flick. (I may be partial as Timothy Olyphant is in it.)

Jamie the 'bat stalker'

Moxie wanted to be sure the bat was gone before going to bed.

"Why I smiled today" - I've never had to try to get a bat out of my house. Good thing it's only 200 sq ft! He was good at hiding tho!

No comments:

Post a Comment