Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Walden Island on the 4th

Carol, Jamie, Moxie and I headed to the lake on Thursday afternoon.

By Thursday evening, it was raining.

By Thursday night, it was pouring.

My sister and Chad arrived early Friday afternoon. They had originally planned to come
Thursday, but see above. I left for a bit to pick up Makena & Hailee.

Then we were all back on the island again, hoping for sunshine.

Makena & Hailee spent most of Friday and Saturday in the shed playing Gameboy or reading.

I tried to read and nap and enjoy our deck.

Carol bought me these new planters for my birthday. I filled them with color and added them to the deck. Thanks again Carol - they're perfect!

Then Jamie and Chad built a horse shoe pit. Thankfully, it's at the bottom of the hill. (Which is the perfect spot for it Honey.)

We did get a little sunshine on Saturday. I thought they were crazy, but the girls went swimming.
And later we went for a boat ride.
Jamie was given a grill by one of the neighbors - she was told it would cost $300 to fix it. Jamie cleaned it up and got it working right away. Then he made us dinner on his 'new grill'.

It rained off/on again on Sunday so we mostly just sat around the fire. Later that night, we enjoyed fireworks at a neighbor's house.
On Monday, Chad helped Jamie take the trampoline and party float back out in the water. I can't wait for the sun to come out again so that we can enjoy them!

Speaking of "enjoying" - we also ate a few (too many) S'mores this weekend too.
We hope everyone enjoyed their 4th of July!

2 comments:

  1. That's an awesome picture of Moxie (right- that's your dogs name, right?)! Classic happy dog:)

    ReplyDelete