Saturday, July 17, 2010

Road Trip - Day #4

Because it was Quileute Day in La Push, we decided to visit there again. They were having a parade and other community activities.

On the way there, we stopped at the meadow where the Cullen's play baseball. (Well...actually...my navigator and I passed it the first time.)

I found a cemetery next to the meadow.
I remind you that the town of La Push is very small. The parade was also very small, but the kids loved it! It made Makena and I really appreciate everything the City of Hillsboro goes through for our parades.

Makena got a carnation instead of candy.

They had Gil Birmingham (Billy Black from the movies) in the parade! (He looked RIGHT at me and smiled by the way. Makena said it was because I was standing next to a cute kid.) He was singing autographs, but not for another hour and we didn't stay that long.
We had to get an elephant ear of course.
From La Push, we headed to Port Angeles. (Well...actually...my navigator and I missed the turn off to the State Park we were going to stop at first. We'll try to find it again tomorrow on our way out of town.)
We had a little picnic at the Visitor's Center and then checked in to our hotel. We stayed long enough to drop off our bags and then headed out to shop.

Lucky me, I found several antique stores on the way to the Twilight stores.

Where I found this wonderful orange enamel that will be my compost bucket at the lake. I love that it looks like an old potty.

I also found some more bottle openers for The Shed. One says "ACME Beer" another says "Lucky Lager" and the other says "SPARKEETA Beverages".
We also shopped at a book store that Bella would have shopped at in town.
Makena was most excited that the Dazzled By Twilight in Port Angeles had the life-size standup of Jasper. She couldn't stop smiling. (Although she said she felt a little creepy carrying it around town!) And since we were at the movie theater - the one that Bella went to with her friends - we decided to go see Eclipse since I hadn't seen it yet.

After the movie, we stopped by Bella Italia - where Edward and Bella supposedly had their first date. You can even order what Bella ate. We wanted to walk around a bit more before having dinner there, but when we came back we decided that they were too busy and went somewhere else.
Somewhere they made really yummy milkshakes.

We also walked down by the pier and down to the beach area.
And drove around so that I could take a few pictures of town.
Then I finally had to break down and put gas in the car. I've seen it up to $3.31 in La Push, but was able to find it for $2.99 in Port Angeles. The crappy part is having to pump it myself! I've only had to do it one other time. Hopefully I won't need to do it again before we get back to Oregon.
Another great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment