Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Road Trip - Day #5

I decided that I wanted to have breakfast in Port Angeles. We hadn't really had much more than instant oatmeal or muffins for breakfast so far. We had to drive around for a while to find a restaurant serving breakfast...

Then we headed back to Forks. The beautiful Lake Crescent is on the way.

And then we found the Marymere Falls that we had missed the day before, so I talked Makena in to hiking up there too.
This tunnel runs under Hwy 101.

This is the first bridge we crossed. Makena was not very impressed with the sturdiness of it.

And then there was a second bridge just like it, but longer. I think she's hanging on for dear life. : )

I think the "falls" were more like a "trickle" but the scenery was still beautiful.
Makena felt safer on the bridge while I found my way down to the water.
She just kept reminding me to be careful and not fall.

On the way to Forks, is Beaver, WA. There are about 4 people, and this beaver, living there.
We stopped for lunch when we made it back to Forks. And Makena had hot chocolate again...one of her faves.

After lunch we headed back out to La Push. We stopped at Jacob's house this time to get a few pictures.

I wanted to hike in to Third Beach. I hadn't read anything about the trail, but there were always a bunch of cars parked in the lot so I knew it had to be popular for some reason.

It was a beautiful hike in, but much farther than we thought it would be. In the end, it was a little over 3 miles and quite the hill to get back up from the beach to the trail.

There were so many people because they were actually camping out there. Great place to stay (if you only bring the bare necessities) and can carry it all in. Makena was so happy to see the car again!
Our next stop was the B&B that we would be staying in our last night in Forks. It is also the Cullen House.
There are messages left on the front porch from Esme each week.
The 'Twilight Room' has the graduation gown caps on display (I thought that was funny) as well as several pictures and Twilight items.
Our room was wonderful and relaxing. It really made the last night of our stay memorable.
The kitty followed me back in the room one time and took a nap while I was reading.


Makena and I watched Twilight later that night, in the Twilight Room of course.

Side Note: If you visits Forks you should read the books first (Hailee). The houses and area around Forks are described in the books, not really seen in the movie. For instance; In the book, the Cullen house is a 100 yr old house with a huge front porch - in Forks. In the movie, it's a very beautiful, but modern house that is in Portland. The people of Forks put time in to creating this little journey for Twilighters to enjoy. Forks is a real town, with real people, but you can almost envision a vampire or wolf sitting next to you at the local cafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment