Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Road Trip - Day #6

I woke Makena up a bit earlier this morning because we were having breakfast downstairs at the B&B. Hot Chocolate and coffee went really well with our breakfast out in the sunroom!

Then we walked around the property for a bit so that I could take a few more pictures.

We stopped by City Hall and the Police Dept.

Then we did some final shopping before heading out of Forks.
We decided to stop at the Hoh Rain Forest and do one final hike. After driving 18 miles in, we found out that it's $15 to park at that state park. Wow...we turned around and drove 18 miles back out.
Then I found another park marker and decided we'd stop there for lunch. Another 7 miles out of our way...
This is my new Emmett hat - it also says Forks, WA on the back.

We were back on the road, headed home, around 2:30pm. We stopped for an energy fill about and hour in and then arrived home just before 7pm.
Jamie, Moxie and Brandi were very happy to see us.

Thanks for hiking with me Pook (even when you didn't want to) and for coming along with me on this fantastic road trip. I get to pick the place for next year - I'd better start planning now. ; )

1 comment:

  1. @ Makena, you will only realize the gratitude you will have of this trip years later from this date. Yep, telling you how it's going to be, although not my vibe as you know.

    The fact that your mother WANTS to hang out with you and seriously is left happy because of it, means only something I suppose we all close to her know (including you) in the long run. She was my companion, supporter and protector for years of my life. I was the rough draft lol.

    One lucky girl you are, As am I.

    I'm not a momma as you know but my source of motherhood comes from my Mommas and especially your Momma. (the way she raised you, she raised me too. Some day I'll tell you the life story)

    You have no idea what she has gone through to protect and give you the life that helps to make you the remarkable chicka you are. Thank you for appreciating your mother as she is an amazing person who cares about nothing more than you.

    She will, if you confide in her, help guide you in finding your groove as a young woman. You'd be surprise what she has to offer, if you only give her the chance.

    When you F' up and all ends seem to lead to destruction keep in mind you can be honest with the mother you have. She might not like it, but she will support you no matter what. Promise, just try it. I've never seen a love more true than her love for you Pook.

    Remember, a Mother is a presence, a HUMAN, a life force. She is living a life your age will catch up to eventually. What will you be like then? What daughter might you give up every moment of your life for as your Mom has?

    Lots of love lady and as I've told you since you were young, Thank You for being a loving and wonderful person who appreciates other people. As much as my sister couldn't imagine her life without you, neither could I. Love always and truly, Aunt Tamara

    Fyi, I know he is a PIA sometimes, be kind to Jamie. He means well and cares about you more than you have any idea. When he speaks about being a parent he says how happy and honored he is to be your step-dad. He's your Rudy Pook. I did NOT get along with Rudy growing up and it's one of my biggest regrets that I made him feel like anything less than a family member to me. It took me a long to do this, I hope it takes you less time.

    And while we're on the subject of you, Thank You. Growing up sucks. You will make mistakes. You will suck at many things in life and love. BUT the glory, and I will be clique because sadly it is true, the glory of the shitty times are the life lessons.

    I adore you.
    Aunt Tamara

    ReplyDelete