Monday, April 4, 2011

Spring Break '11 - San Diego Safari Park

(Warning - this post will have a lot of pictures. I enjoyed the Safari Park!)

We got up early on Sunday morning so that we could arrive at the Safari Park just as it opened. We had a full day planned with the animals - the San Diego Safari Park (40 min N in Escondido) and then the San Diego Zoo.

This little guy was following us around from the beginning.

Then I talked the girls in to climbing into a hole.

Which they didn't really enjoy, but smiled for me anyways.

They found a turtle shell.

Then we were off to find animals.

And this little guy was still with us, but apparently he liked being the one that "followed".

Can you guess what we're going to see?

The cutest thing in the park of course!

He liked me. Could be the hair.

And, not the cutest bird in the park, but one of the biggest.

And little ones.

And bright ones.

And ones that like to land on people.

Even people that don't like to be landed on.

Yes, I'm talkin' to you.

We had our fill of birds and went in search of more animals. These looked friendly.

We caught a tram that circled the park.

Then went back to see the elephants.

And some baby elephants.

And the littlest baby elephant that wanted to play. Just after this picture, he rolled down the hill. (That's how good of a photographer I am...)

His bigger friend wasn't in the mood to play.

But he did snuggle for a bit.

And then was done again.

So the littlest one went off to play with a stick.


Any ideas on what next?


Not happy Gorillas, I'm thinking.


(Again, this is how good of a photographer I am. I decided to change my lens as the giant Gorilla yawns.)Then we found a baby Cheetah in the nursery.

Funny story - as we walked up to the Eagles, they were being fed. What do they eat you ask? Well...soft, white, little rabbits. My PETA girls were not happy. The Eagle was.

After a little more walking around, we got lunch and headed back to San Diego to visit the Zoo.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome photos!! We haven't been there in years...we loved the zoo, must go see the Safari Park next time..my brother & family live in Vista which is near the Safari Park....your photos make me wanna go back! :)

    ReplyDelete