Saturday, April 23, 2011

Spring Break '11 - Back to San Fran

Our last day in San Francisco was spent sightseeing.

First, we got the experience the BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit). The girls and I liked the ticket system.


Then we headed back down to Pier 39 so that we could ride an open-top bus around the city.


This is where Marilyn Monroe and Joe DiMaggio were married.


Something was done in this hotel, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was.


I wasn't going to post this picture, but it makes me laugh. I kept calling Hailee's name and when she finally turned around, this is the face I got. She did smile the rest of the day though, and in her defense, she wasn't feeling well.


And I won't even go in to how much this building cost to build and where the materials came from because that will just piss me off all over again. It is a nice Capitol Building.


Haight Street is where we wanted to stop and walk around, but we were running out of time. This street felt most like Portland and had a lot of character.


See what I mean...character...


We drove over the Golden Gate Bridge. (It was very, very windy.)


And this is the Exploratorium that we were at the day before.


A quick stop for lunch and then back on the bus.


We were able to leave the rv at the rv park for most of the day without charge, but had to be back by 4pm so we ran out of time to do everything we wanted. But we were still able to enjoy a day in San Francisco without rain and it was beautiful.

We got back to the rv and cleaned everything up for our long drive back home. And then there was a serious game of Uno going before bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment