Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Spring Break '11 - Fisherman's Wharf

The first thing we did after arriving in San Francisco, was head downtown to Fisherman's Wharf. It was still light out, and it wasn't raining, so we hoped to get a little shopping in. It, of course, was cold and windy.

So Makena bought herself a cute panda bear hat.

And then, of course, it started pouring. So Jamie bought us all umbrellas.

Then we were able to walk around a bit. We found the Boudin Bakery with it's decorative breads and wonderful smells.

And then the San Francisco Chocolate Store with all of it's yummy chocolates. I enjoyed it there way more than I should have.


And then I enjoyed more chocolate than I should have. But how could you not?!?

Makena talked Hailee in to buying a cute sock monkey hat.

We headed back to the rv just as the bigger storm hit.

And we tried to stay warm and dry for the night.


Because of the weather, we decided that we would not drive to Mendocino and the Botanical Gardens the next night. Instead, we decided to stay another night in San Fran and visit Alcatraz. They all knew that I was looking forward to photographing the Gardens, so they all said that they still 'wanted' to go. But it just didn't seem worth it if it was going to be raining and cold the entire time. Plus, I knew that they wanted to go to Alcatraz. (I didn't originally plan a visit to Alcatraz because I didn't think it would be something the girls would enjoy and I had already been there twice.)

After I convinced them that I was okay with not going to the Botanical Gardens (and I was), we planned a tour to Alcatraz. I told Jamie that we would just have to make a separate drive down to photograph the Gardens. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment