Monday, April 18, 2011

Spring Break '11 - Alcatraz

After the Exploratorium, we headed back to Pier 39 to catch the ferry to Alcatraz. To warm us up, Jamie bought us all muffins and hot chocolate/coffee.

It, of course, continued to rain.

We all enjoyed the audio tour. I was surprised at how much the girls enjoyed it, but I should have known better. They are both big readers and in to history. And even though this was my third time visiting Alcatraz, it was a new experience for me to be with all of them. And, to have my wonderful wide angle lens on my beloved Nikon.

(I have a few things to teach my daughter about photography still. If you look at the picture above, the girls look "in" the picture. Then I asked Makena to do the same for Jamie & I below. I think she was just eager to shop in the gift shop. She likes being behind the camera, just not as much as I do for some reason.)

When we got back to the pier, the sun began to pop out. (This is totally how our trip went!) We were still all cold and wet, so we headed back to the rv.

No comments:

Post a Comment