Thursday, October 22, 2009

SIGG

Have an old SIGG bottle?

BY Carrie Sturrock - October 22, 2009

I recently wrote about SIGG's announcement that its water bottles manufactured before August 2008 contain a liner with Bisphenol A, a synthetic estrogen that has been proved to cause health problems in animals and that studies have linked to cancer, miscarriage and reproductive problems. The company is allowing customers with the old bottles to mail them in for new ones. But an even faster and cheaper (because you don't pay the postage) option is to take them to New Seasons. The local grocery chain will exchange them for new SIGG bottles or give credit toward another brand, such as Klean Kanteen or CamelBak. The SIGG exchange ends Oct. 31.

"We're happy to take old SIGG bottles back," said Marketing Director Helen Neville. I so wish I had known that before mailing my old bottles to SIGG nearly two weeks ago. I still haven't heard anything from them. In the meantime, I bought a Klean Kanteen bottle at New Seasons to keep me from purchasing anymore plastic throwaways. Wondering if your SIGG bottles have the old liner or the new one? If the interior has a coppery finish, it's old. A dull pale yellow interior means it's new.

No comments:

Post a Comment