Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Couple 'a things #10

  • Found a new site www.goodfoodnearyou.com - it shows the best things to eat (and not so great things too) at restaurants near you. I haven't been to a restaurant in a while, but it's got some good info.
  • I looked in to buying a desk for my treadmill so that I could work while walking - those things aren't cheap! I mentioned to Jamie that he could build me one...that's really far down on his To Do list tho. For now, I have a board laying across the handles and it holds my laptop. I'm not getting much work done, but I am watching some older tv shows on hulu.com. : )
  • We are TiVo addicts! We have 3 of them recording up to two things at a time. I can't keep up with all of the shows! I've told Jamie that I just can't watch any new ones - I have to catch up on the ones that I already watch. He's chosen a few to add and is saving them for me. (Maybe I'll just find them on hulu.com.)
  • One new show that Makena and I started watching is Amazing Race - craziness but we love it!
  • If you haven't yet been to www.hulu.com - it's wonderful! Free tv on the computer (for when you have a break at work!)
  • Still trying to get my 10,000 steps a day in and write down everything that I eat. I've always known that I don't crave sweets if I am drinking beer...making the 'beer at dinner' an even better excuse. Now that I'm not having the beer at dinner (or while making dinner, or just during the evening) the chocolate cravings are doubled! I think I inhaled an entire sheet of brownies this week and about 2 dozen chocolate chip cookies. I have no will power...it's just sad.
  • I've noticed that a lot of other blogs have a Wordless Wednesday where they just share a photo. Maybe I'll try that too...I dunno.
  • Still trying to figure out Facebook. I know there is (or should be) a place for me to change some additional settings.
  • It seems like everyone is getting sick lately. (knock on wood) Makena and I have been lucky. I've only gotten the flu shot once, and don't even remember when, but don't plan to ever do so again. Makena begged me to not have to get the flu shot - I'm just not sure about it or the H1N1 either.
  • I'm hoping to twist Jamie's arm and get up to the lake this weekend. Even if we can't play in the water, I miss it...

No comments:

Post a Comment