Sunday, October 11, 2009

In the Garden

Makena and I made it to the Leach Botanical Garden today. I was hoping to see some Fall colors, but instead found a composting demonstration center. I know not everyone would be excited about this, but I was! (I still would have liked to see some Fall colors tho.)

I gave Makena the map, and we were off! The sun was out, but at 55 degrees it was a bit chilly. That is until we started walking up and down the paths.

well of course that's what it is!
Makena found a new caterpillar friend
good thing they warned us
the Entrance to the Composting Center,
can you tell?

Other than a cat, some birds and the little green martians in a planter, Makena and I had the garden all to ourselves. We stayed on the paths as directed, but found a few unlocked gates of interest. We never did spot the banana slug...

Thanks again for going with me today Makena!

No comments:

Post a Comment