Thursday, August 13, 2009

Walden Island 75, 76 & 77

Jamie and I headed back up to the lake early Friday evening. When we arrived, our neighbors were preparing for the Walden Island Fundraiser - 17th Annual Walden Island High Tea and 11th Annual Walden Island Beef & Brew - both benefit the Castle Rock Children's Clothes Closet. I helped arrange some of the flowers and did what I could to help. Then I got up early the next morning to take pictures of everything.

This is my favorite place setting.
If I actually attend the tea next year, this is where I want to sit.
KC hand painted each menu. Her mom, Lorriane, had always done this for the menus and invitations. KC had asked her to design this year's before she passed away - making it so much more memorable.
The Tea Girls' Table and gifts

some of the Tea Girls found the pond

off to the Beef & Brew
Because this is a fundraiser, several items were donated for raffle prizes. This seemed to be where they raised the most money. Also, one of the neighbors on the island owns and printing shop and designs tshirts, hats and tank tops for the event this year. The 2009 had "I'll Fly Away" on them - a song that was sung at Lorraine's funeral. We purchased our first Walden Island tshirts this year.

A lot of great food was donated and prepared for the BBQ - as well as some good beer! I think I sat next to the keg too long tho! (Yes...there is such a thing.)


We were eager to help with this fundraiser, and can't wait until next year. (Yes - there are more things to volunteer for!) I've already been invited to be the 'official photographer' and help out as much as possible.

We had a wonderful breakfast with other islanders on Sunday and then most of us went back for naps. Lots more great reasons to smile...

1 comment: