Thursday, August 13, 2009

Beaverton Relay For Life

Makena and I drove in from the lake early Saturday morning. I wanted to make sure that I attended the Opening Ceremony/Survivor Lap at the Relay For Life of Beaverton. My friend and fellow Relayer, Kathy Cina, was the Event Chair for Beaverton this year. Even though she is greatly missed in Hillsboro, she brings great enthusiasm and ideas to Beaverton.

Kathy's team - Wee Bees For A Cure
Look at all of those beautiful Survivors!
Kathy at the Opening Ceremony
Then Makena and I did a few laps around their track. People were still setting up their campsites, but we could already see the excitement!
Kathy's daughter Charlotte in her Team Captain shirt - too cute!
Great job Beaverton! We had a great time, you guys passed some amazing goals and celebrated many wonderful Survivors! I can't wait for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment