Monday, August 10, 2009

Another week

Wow...another week down and no blogging...what has become of me?!? After being at the lake for almost a week...then home for a couple of days...then back to lake...I've been busy! : ) I have a ton of pictures to add, but that will have to wait until I can figure out where I put my laptop at. (It could be under a pile of papers on my desk or under laundry that needs to be done...who knows.)

I received the 2008 - 2009 CASA Report Card today:
  • 97 new CASAs and 46 re-activated CASAs were assigned to new cases providing advocacy for 281 children!
  • Our 431 active CASAs advocated for 891 children in Multnomah & Washington counties!
  • CASAs donated over 103,000 hours of un-paid volunteer advocacy - the equivalent of 50 full-time employees - saving tax payers close to $1.8 million dollars!
  • CASA volunteers successfully closed the cases of 216 kids!
Our Mission: We are advocates for the best interests of children who have been abused or neglected and are under the protection of the Juvenile Courts in Multnomah and Washington counties in Oregon. Our purpose is to secure a safe and permanent family for each child as quickly as possible.

Go to www.casahelpskids.org for more information. I have enjoyed my last 2 years as a CASA and will continue to do what I can for the CASA children that I have been assigned.

I'm off to look for my laptop...

No comments:

Post a Comment