Thursday, January 22, 2009

Why I smiled...

Here are a few of "Why I smiled today" from the last couple of days.

Kylah and TeaLee came to spend the night with us on Friday. A lot of giggling in my house!

On Saturday, I took them to the park to help me with my camera homework. It was sunny out, but very windy so the girls didn't want to stay too long. I did get a couple good shots of some "shadows" - that was our weekly assignment.

an unhappy 12yr old

a happy 5yr old

they stood like this while I took 6 different shots - sometimes smiling, sometimes not : )

Makena and I went to a park by the library so that I could get some additional "shadow" shots. Makena was taking some pictures too, and some video with her phone. Again, another beautiful day but a bit windy. We also went and had lunch at Chang's Mongolian Grill - one of Makena's very favorite places to eat. (I'm not sure why tho, all she gets is noodles, pineapple and a small bit of chicken.)



On Monday evening I smiled because Jamie missed his flight home from DC. He missed it pretty much because he just wasn't paying attention to the time. (If you know Jamie, this is not unusual!) He, of course, blames it on the airline person not letting him board late. In his defense, apparently there were 5 other people that she wouldn't let on the plane either and they showed up after he did. He did get on a different plane, but rather than a straight flight home he had to go through Denver. Well...big storms in Denver of course...so he was a few hours late. Lucky for me, the other Jaime had already volunteered to pick him up from the airport!

Then, yesterday, I saw a red Yugo while I was driving home. Yep...a Yugo! (Put a big smile on my face...or maybe it was sympathy for the driver.) I drove a Yugo for a while - not something I proudly admit. It was an orange, 4-door that never wanted to go in reverse. The tape deck ate every tape I ever put in it, and something green grew on the passenger floorboard. My mom even bought me a license plate cover that said "You Go Girl" - my momma is so funny sometimes! I ended up selling it to an undercover narcotics agent in Portland - he thought it would be a perfect car to attract drug dealers with. hmmm....okay... : )

No comments:

Post a Comment