Friday, January 2, 2009

Resolutions?

I remember that we spent one New Year's Eve at my grandfather's house and I wrote down a list of Resolutions. If I remember correctly, I was in middle school...I wish I had that list now! I don't think I've done a list since then, probably because I never to stick to them. (Sound familiar?) I was reading an article yesterday that asked "What resolution would you not make this year because you know you'll probably break it?" Hey...now that's a list I may be able to do! Another article that I read reminded me to continue to do the things in my life that I already enjoy doing but maybe do them more often. Those are going to be the things I look forward to doing in 2009!

Some other reminders:
  • Shop with compassion (leapingbunny.com) - purchase cruelty-free products
  • Volunteer - feel good about yourself while doing good things for others
  • Do Unto Others - "do unto others as we would have them do unto us" (yes, this can be challenging sometimes, but in honoring others we honor ourselves)
  • Avoid mental toxins - just as you wouldn't mindlessly slather toxins onto your skin or welcome chemicals in your food, be careful about what your brain absorbs
  • Exercise - exercise to be healthy, not to change yourself

Whatever your Resolutions are, I wish you the best of luck with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment