Monday, June 29, 2009

Walden Island Day 53, 54 & 55

We headed back up to the lake on Friday. And, we actually left before noon! We had a few stops to make though, so we didn't arrive at our planned time. Oh well...it's always there waiting for us. : ) Carol hadn't seen The Shed since her last visit in June 2008. A LOT of changes since then!!

a new sign my Momma got me "Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder" - love it!
a new Relay sign I got for The Shed too - and a flying pig (in the left corner)
after getting everything unloaded & organized, I was off to the hammock!
Moxie likes the hammock too
finally...time for a fire
Moxie likes to be covered up when it's cold out : )
We got up early on Saturday (well, earlier than we usually do at the lake) so we could get to work. I needed to leave by 1pm to go back in to town for Ivie Rose's 3rd bday party, and had lots to do.
First things first...burn those piles! Look Jason, I did it!
Jamie had a lot (150) holes to drill with his new Mag Drill
Carol and I didn't get back from Oregon until around 7:30pm. Jamie had gotten all of the holes drilled and was even making us some dinner.
We weren't as eager to get up early on Sunday. We watched a movie and relaxed a bit before heading out to work on the boat house again. I burned another pile before heading down to help Jamie dig out around the boat house. We had to dig out between each post another 15" - NOT fun in that muck! Because the water level is still dropping, we'll have to wait to screw in the bottom two boards for a month or so.
looks like the first hole wasn't as deep as it needed to be
more digging
I'm not sure why I was smiling, I wasn't having fun.
I wouldn't usually post such a flattering picture of myself, but I'm not in many photos - working.
Carol helping Jamie as he screws in the boards
The first wall is almost done!
We did get the first wall completed, and it looks great!! I had already packed up my camera, so I'll have to show a 'final' picture of the first wall later.

2 comments:

  1. Most importantly, you got to relax in your hammock!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to see the burn piles...burned. jason

    ReplyDelete