Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Walden Island 51 & 52

I wish I had been able to sleep in on Saturday, especially since I didn't get over to the lake until after 1am. But, as usual, I was up around 7am. I was able to take a little nap later and be lazy for a while!

gloomy morning on Walden Island

It rained most of the night/early morning on Saturday. Jamie was able to get out and mow the yard after a short sun break. Then he fixed The Monster so we could start digging...I was hoping to read a book in the hammock but that didn't happen. While Jamie dug out around the boat house, I trimmed trees along the pathway and pulled tons of weeds. We can now walk up to the property without tripping or getting hit by branches.

Jamie dug out a couple piles and then we spread it out around the grass

More rain on Saturday night and Sunday morning - Jamie and I slept in and were lazy as long as we could be. Then...yep...more digging. The rain didn't help with the digging at all! A lot of the dirt is in the lake anyways, so it's already mud, but the rain made it all mud. Sloppy, heavy, thick mud...which makes hauling it difficult to say the least!


this is after I scraped off my shoes many trailers full of dirt/mud make for a tired Amber
getting in the first board on the retaining wall!After breaking the first drill bit (on the first board), Jamie had to use a not-so-good one to finish the first set of boards. Once again...we have to do things the hard way. : ) But...we're off to a good start on the retaining wall! We got the remaining boards cut and will finish the wall the next time we are up. Then, more digging...wooo-whooo!

We didn't get home until after 10pm on Sunday. Then it was showers, lots of Ibuprofen and bed! Jamie says "I like the satisfaction of knowing I built it on my own." I say "Not me!"

1 comment:

  1. Great progress! Sorry you didn't get to read in your hammock! ;-(

    ReplyDelete