Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Couple of things

  1. On one of my recent trips to Good Will, I found these cute cubes for only $4.99. At first, I thought they would look good on a wall in the living room with pigs on it (what wouldn't??). But now I'm thinking that I'll put them on a wall in our bathroom that I haven't found anything for yet. A fresh coat of paint...and it'll be a brand new vision...
  2. On that same trip to Good Will, I found a cute new shirt and jeans for only $11.99! For 3 times that, I bought Makena a new skirt and pair of shorts at Zumiez. : ) Luckily, she doesn't really care about the name brands...but...she has her own sense of style, and I can't always find it at Good Will or Target.
  3. I was wrong in my previous post...the sunburn on my back did start to blister. I just couldn't tell until today, when I could finally touch it. : (
  4. I've signed up for another photography class at PCC. Jamie bought me a new lens for my birthday - apparently it's the best portrait lens that Nikon makes - and I can't wait to use it! Sooo...I've decided to take another photography class. I haven't been able to find a class to fit in with my schedule, so I decided to take an online class. It really wasn't my first choice, but it's a class totally structured around portraits, so I'm hopeful! Who's up for posing for pictures??? Class starts on June 17th...just in time for Relay!
  5. I am LOVING our Summer weather! I enjoy sunshine and heat...and having them both here in Oregon has been missed by me the last few months. Thank you Mother Nature!!

2 comments:

  1. yeah--more digital photo classes for Amber!! ;-)

    Sorry about your sunburn...I HATE blister burns..my one and only was in July'84 (Kansas City)....got fried at a water park with my aunt/uncle...the blisters started popping on the airplane ride home to PDX...NOT a great memory, but one I still can't shake....hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez Red I know you are alway so careful with the sun, sorry it snuck up on ya!
    Too funny about portraits. I was thinking on my walk the other day that I so love to take pictures of nature and surrounding and that I love the pictures you take of people (along of course with your other ones). I thought what a good duo we would make with using photography as a craft.
    Portraits I need pls of our current family. I wanted to have a few together to submit with our home study, Also when we adopt you will have to take some for our announcement to the family and friends!!

    ReplyDelete