Friday, June 26, 2009

Beautiful Friday

It looks like it's going to be a beautiful day today here in Oregon. Later though, we'll be headed up to the lake - in Washington. Hopefully the sunshine follows!

As you can see in previous posts, Relay For Life of Hillsboro was last weekend. It took me a few days to get caught back up on my sleep, and it seemed like the weekend went by quickly. The week seems to have gone by quickly too...my desk is getting buried in paperwork again! : (

I finally got caught up on my photography class yesterday, I had missed the first three classes. Luckily the classes are online and I have two weeks to do each assignment. I had taken enough pictures at Relay to submit for each week though. I do have to say that I enjoyed my classroom photography class much better. There isn't really one-on-one training with the online class and we can only submit 3 pictures per assignment. ONLY 3 - can you believe that?!? The instructor does look at each assignment and give his opinions and advice.

Makena signed up for the Summer Reading Program at the library again this year. She's already read 10 books of course! Hopefully she'll win one of the many great prizes that they offer. If not...at least she's enjoying the books! : )

Jamie's mom, Carol, arrived the day before Relay. It's nice to have her participate in Relay with us; as a Survivor and participant. I think she's as ready as I am to get up to the lake with a good book. Speaking of, I'd better go pack...

1 comment:

  1. Perfect weekend for the lake...have a safe trip and FUN...get some hammock time in this trip, OK? Don't let that Jamie guy make you work so hard!! ;-)

    ~ Kathy

    ReplyDelete