Monday, June 9, 2008

Zoo Camperoo

My Girl Scout Troop spent the night at the Zoo on Saturday night. We were able to go into the animal hospital and kitchen (where the girls got to try some monkey food - yum!), view and pet some reptiles, enjoy S'mores and a campfire. The girls sang a couple of songs to the rest of the troops. (This was actually our second time to do this - we were able to go a few years ago as well.) We camped overnight in our tent on the lawn area.

On Sunday morning we hid fruits & veggies in the elephant area and then watched them as they tried to find the food. Unfortunately we weren't able to spend a few more hours walking around that day as my foot was hurting pretty badly.

1 comment:

  1. Zoo Camperoo...I wanna have YOU as my kids Troop leader! HOW COOL IS THAT...spending the night at the zoo!
    ~ Kathy

    also still cracking up at Jamie going to Costco....my mom has the same issue with my dad...she won't send him in alone!

    ReplyDelete