Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Walden Island - Day 6 & 7

On Friday, May 30th, Jamie and I headed back up to the property for the weekend. We didn't really get much work done that evening - I had gone to lunch with Dylona earlier in the day (at my new favorite restaurant - Lil Cooperstown) and wasn't ready by the time Jamie wanted to leave. Oh well - we had our first fire (in the awesome pit that I made) and enjoyed the night.

Rick surprised us on Saturday morning and showed up to help! One of the people at the campground had brought him over to the island. Again, a HUGE help as my ankle was still not better. They were able to get all four walls up on Saturday - very tall walls! There will be a loft area up top to sleep at. I raked up the other half of the property and burned 5 piles of brush. (If you haven't been fortunate enough to rake up piles of blackberry vines - they still hurt after they're dead!)


On Sunday, Jamie started on the roof. He walks around up there like it's not big deal - I'm climbing the ladder and hanging on for dear life. I finished a book while he worked on the roof - hey, someone has to do it! After we placed the door in, Jamie said he was done for the weekend - fine with me! It rained most of the day, so things weren't going as well as we had planned. After some discussion, we decided to change the "shed" into an actual "guest house". This way we will be able to have people stay on the island with us after we get our house built. (That's still a few years away tho guys.)


Walden Island at night

Happy 4th Birthday Moxie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment