Monday, June 23, 2008

Relay!!

Whewww...Relay For Life of Hillsboro 2008 has come and gone. What a GREAT event!! I was up at 4:30am on Saturday morning - we had a lot of things to do before the event. Relay started at 10am with the Opening Ceremony and then the Survivor Lap to start off the celebration!

I did get about a 30 min 'power nap' in around 5:00am on Sunday morning...otherwise it was a full 24+ hours! My team (Tami's Reading Railroad) raised around $9200.00 - and are still going!! We have a few weeks left to turn in money...good thing, because I keep finding envelopes in my bag! I love that I get to spend this time with my family and friends - and with My Reason to Relay; my Aunt Tami.

After loading and unloading all of our stuff from Relay - we were all asleep by noon on Sunday. Happy Panda (yummy Chinese) was delivered at 5:30pm. We had dinner, watched some tv and were back to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment