Wednesday, June 4, 2008

All caught up!

Hey...look at me...all caught up on my blog! I think I'm getting the hang of it. Hopefully I can just keep up with it now. : )

Well...after two weeks of my ankle still sore and swollen I broke down and went to the doctor. (I know most of you can't believe it, but I did.) What a great way to spend my stimulus check...grrr! And...she didn't have very good news for me either. I apparently have torn the ligaments surrounding my ankle - and torn them very badly. Because the swelling should have gone down by now, she (of course) wanted to do xrays to make sure it's not a fracture. I will get the results in a day or so, but in the mean time I am to wear a splint 24/7. I was also told to wear the splint and stay off of my feet for the next 2 to 4 weeks minimum...ummm...what?!? Apparently I had a 'not so happy' look on my face because she asked me if that was going to be a problem. I told her about the island and building (which I'm not so sad to get out of) but then Relay is in just 17 days! She says "is it something you have to do?" - apparently she doesn't know me very well! She said to take it very easy the in the next 2 weeks and then to go from there, but it would be at least 8 weeks before my foot will heal if I take care of it. She also told me to make sure Jamie did all of the yard work for a while - she obviously doesn't know him very well either.

my beautiful new footwear

No comments:

Post a Comment