Sunday, March 6, 2011

All about Amber

Yeah - an entire post about ME! I know...how exciting right?!?

Just wanted to share a couple of things that you may or may not know about ME.
  • I am right handed.
  • I remember Mount St. Helens blowing up. It was just a couple of days before my 5th birthday. I remember collecting ash with the neighbor kids. I remember people wearing face masks because they were worried about getting sick. I remember that I was not one of them; apparently my mom wasn't either.
  • It's very difficult for me to sit still for long periods of time. I usually can't sit through an entire movie.
  • In 5th grade, I was dared to put my arm in the center part of the fold-up lunch table. My arm got stuck, the lunchroom was evacuated 911 was called. The fire department had to use a chainsaw to cut the table in half so that my arm would not have to be broken. I, of course, thought they were going to cut my arm and screamed/cried like crazy. I still remember that the green sweatshirt made a funny noise when I moved. I also still remember all of the other kids faces peering at me through the lunchroom windows.
  • My parents are divorced; which gave me two other wonderful parents and additional family.
  • I got a job when I was 14; a dishwasher at a Chinese restaurant. I worked there for four years and ate enough Chinese food to last me the rest of my life.
  • I've had my heart broken.
  • I used to drive an orange Yugo.
  • I like to clean with bleach and a toothbrush.
  • I have a younger sister. And, I'll admit, I was the better behaved child. (My mom told me so.)
  • There are so many things going on in my head that my mouth usually can't keep up.
  • I was in three car accidents from 16 to 18 years old. Two of them were in my High School parking lot. One of them was very embarrassing and ended up with me being taken away in an ambulance.
  • I like to vacuum my house every day. If it's been more than two days, I start to feel like I can't breathe.
  • I often say 'finner' instead of 'finger' and I pronounce 'knife' how it is spelled - 'k-nife'. I also like to say 'fragile' how it sounds - either 'frag-Ile' or 'fragil-ee'.
  • I tend to exaggerate...a little. Actually, I do it so often that I have to point out when I'm not exaggerating.
  • I don't like feet; they gross me out. I can't stand to be touched by someone else's feet and I don't enjoy my feet being touched. BUT, I can kiss babies feet all day.
  • I still have nightmares about forgetting my locker combination in High School.
  • I like beer. Good beer that is. (Okay, you might know that about me.)
  • I get pissed off almost every time I drive. I think other drivers drive slow on purpose. I think most pedestrians are thoughtless people. And I can't figure out how our society got so lazy that we can't turn on blinkers.
  • I met my very best friend, Dylona, in 7th grade band class. She liked me even though I had poofy hair, a retainer and wore yellow shoes. (Who wouldn't right?)
  • I'd much rather read a book than sit and watch tv. I'd much rather poke my eyes out than watch reality tv.
  • I have three tattoos and want two more. I got my first one when I was 18; my very best friend was with me.
  • I used to want to be an author. I have written (long) short-stories but have never shared them and don't plan to. I had to share one for my Senior Project and still hate that to this day.
  • I don't usually care what other people think of me, but I am very hard on myself. I'm still working on that though.
  • I never wanted to have children, but Makena was the best gift I have ever been given.
  • I can't eat a banana without gagging. A good reason why I don't eat them very often.
  • I judge people. I know it's not a good thing to do, but I still do it. I most often do it at the grocery store.
  • I played the clarinet for six years and the oboe for two. I hated every day of it.
  • I became a cheerleader to get out of being in the band. I hated every day of it.
  • I have a phobia of public bathrooms. But, it could be a phobia of any other bathroom than my own.
  • I am a germ-a-phobe. (See above) Some days are worse than others and I have no explanation for that.
  • I like pigs. I have a lot of them. The first pig I ever bought is a little caricature called 'Al Ca-pig' - he has a little tie, hat and gun so that he looks like Al Capone.
  • My middle name is Lee.
  • I like things done a certain way (my way) so I tend to do things myself. I've learned that this is not a good thing as far as cleaning the house is concerned.
  • I am happiest when I'm with my family.

I didn't realize that there was so much to tell. Apparently, I like to talk about ME more than I thought!

3 comments:

  1. Very cool!! Learned a LOT about Amber!! :) Might have to steal this idea (with pride) for my blog....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have so much to tell about YOU too. Especially since your "little sister" comment. But as I am the better person, and favorite daughter, I will keep it to myself.
    I liked your post. It was full of very authentic and lovely details about my Red head.
    I love you!
    Your Baby Sister

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amber,
    I so admire how clearly and honestly you can look at yourself. And how hard you work on what you perceive are your weaker points. And I totally agree about "reality" shows. And now I want to know the embarrassing part of the auto accident. Take care! -- Capi

    ReplyDelete