Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Organizing - Part 2

Organize kitchen - check.

Organized bedroom and the spare room/junk room/guest room/craft room - work in progress.

Because both of these room have so much stuff in them, it's more like a re-decorating project.

It purged the bedroom closet last weekend. I filled up an entire xl garbage bag full of clothes and shoes for our garage sale this summer! (I'm thinking that means I get to buy new clothes now.) But there is so much more work to be done.

About 8 years ago, Jamie told me that we could get a new bedroom set. We still have yet to agree on what we want, and most of the time it's not a priority. But, I've been on the "search" again. I think that I'll just have to order the bed that I want, have it delivered and work forward from there. It's kind of like the artwork in our house. We haven't really agreed on that either, so I've just been slowly replacing them with what I want. (And I'm really liking how it's working so far!)

So, the first thing changed in the bedroom is the artwork hanging above our bed.

I had canvases made and I love them! They are going to look FAN-tastic with a new bed too.

The spare room/junk room/guest room/craft room, now that's a never-ending project. It used to be Jamie's office too. There is a futon for guests. There is a long dresser from the bedroom set, which holds misc clothing, scrapbooking paper & items and misc photos. There is a bookshelf which also holds scrapbooking items and albums. There is a little craft cart which holds everything needed for my Simpixty notecards. And the closet is full of office supplies, Relay items, suitcases, and large filing cabinet and I don't know what else.

Pretty much...it's a junk room, a catch-all, and it's driving me crazy. What is also driving me crazy is Jamie working from the living room. So, I've decided to put back in a small desk and shelving unit. This will get rid of the furniture that is in there now, other than the futon, and also give Jamie a desk to use until he decides to either rent or buy an office. This will also give me a space to work on my craft stuff. And, when we have guests, everything can be put away.

As I said, it's a work in progress. I'm hoping to have things done in the next couple of months though, so I'd better get to shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment