Monday, February 28, 2011

Testing in the kitchen

Last month I had a Demarle At Home Fundraiser for my Relay For Life team. I had 12 wonderful people attend the party and raised over $200!! And, of course, I bought several products from the catalog.

Healthy cooking = perfect. Easy clean-up = even more perfect!

I spent a little time in the kitchen this weekend using a few of my new products.

First up, protein bars.

At $2 each for most of the bars at the store, I decided to try to make my own and save some money. I won the above baking tray for having the highest selling party in January. A free baking tray; things just keep getting better right? (I know.)

The bars tasted much better than most of the ones we have tried recently, so that's a plus. Now I just need to try a few different varieties.

Next up, Pumpkin-Blueberry Muffins. (Somehow I missed the 'before' picture on these.)

I've made these several times in the past. (Mostly because I love them and I'm the only one in the house that will eat them. If I say 'whole-wheat', 'oats' and 'pumpkin' for ingredients, Jamie and Makena leave them alone.) They are a healthy way for me to get a lot of vitamins, fiber and protein all in one little muffin. And, until now, I've always had to use baking cups. I've grown to hate baking cups. The muffins always stick and they always seem to be a wasted item.


Now that I have the Demarle muffin baking tray, I'm in heaven. No mess, no baking cups, no sticking muffins and they are still nice and moist.
Finally, Spring Quiche.
Another great way for me to sneak in a lot of veggies and protein. And if I'm making food for Jamie and Makena to eat, I have to be really sneaky about the veggies.

They did catch me on the red and yellow peppers, so I'll have to leave those out next time. But, because none of us can eat (calcium rich) cottage cheese plain, I can sneak that in there too.

And then everyone is happy and full.

1 comment:

  1. All I have to say is ....

    Rub it in brat! I so want that baking/steamer thing, with the lid thing that fits it and the flat thing that has the silly name that starts with an "s".

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete