Friday, February 25, 2011

I wanted to share an email that I received from Loaves & Fishes. I posted about the Valentine-A-Grams here. I think this was my 4th year delivering and I hope to do so again next year.

What two hours of time on Valentine's Day morning can do:

On behalf of Loaves & Fishes Centers and the seniors we serve, thank you for participating as a driver on Monday, February 14th. Because of your efforts, people in Multnomah, Washington and Clark counties enjoyed scrumptious treats for Valentine’s Day! More than 320 volunteers went above and beyond to ensure that the Valentine-A-Grams were delivered.

Sales this year were spectacular and we raised more than $110,000 to feed seniors in our community. Our generous sponsors at Cinnabon®, Jamba Juice, Seattle’s Best Coffee, Food Services of America, Sharis and Sun Orchard donated all of the products for this event. Because of their generosity, 100% of the proceeds from Valentine-A-Gram will go to provide hot, nutritious meals for area seniors.

Again, thank you for your support as a volunteer.

No comments:

Post a Comment