Friday, February 4, 2011

A post of pictures

The past week and a half has been...sad, happy, busy, slow, loud and quiet. And, it feels as if it has been those things all at one time. Like I'm not sure how I'm supposed to be feeling, where I need to be, who I need to be talking to or where my head should be.

Things have been happening personally. Things have been happening in my family's lives. Things have been happening in my best friend's life. We're all dealing and trying to cope with loss, love and hope.

On Thursday, I decided to go for a drive. I was supposed to finish business taxes and mow my yard, but I just wanted to go for a drive.

A long, quiet drive by myself.

I loaded up my camera gear in the Smartcar (Lil' Doug) and was off. I didn't have a plan. I didn't know where I was going. I just headed North.

And, if you live around here, I'm sure you can figure out where I went. I did get lost at one point. It's easy to do when you turn left, right, right, left, and then right again without really paying attention to where you're going. When your eyes are busy looking for something to take pictures of.


The two pictures below are me playing with my new lens. The first one is the lens all the way in, and the second is fully out, looking at the red house/carport you can barely see in the first picture.


I tried to have a conversation with this guy, but I think he was mostly interested in Lil' Doug.


And, about three hours later, I finally figured out where I was and headed home.

4 comments:

  1. Love the photos...love the new blog color and I'm so sorry for everything happening in your life and those around you.....sending you a special hug and happy thoughts....hang in there! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The solace of a solo drive. I loved those pictures and I think I've stopped at that same cemetery to take pictures. Is it the one off the HWY between Banks and Hillsboro?
    It has beautiful statues. And the funny thing is that if it is the same place. I also stopped and took a picture of that same red barn.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. T - It's called the West Union Church - it's just out towards Helvetia.

    ReplyDelete