Monday, February 21, 2011

Spa Day

To celebrate Valentine's Day, Jamie and I decided that we needed a little pampering. We found a local spa that was able to fit all three of us in for the day.

We didn't tell Makena what we were doing, only that we had plans. When we pulled in to the parking lot of the spa, she was a little leery about spending the day there. But...she ended up loving it just as much as Jamie and I did.

Jamie arrived 20 minutes earlier because he had a slightly different day planned. He started out with a facial while Makena and I received a foot soak/toxin treatment. Then we all had pedicures.

I'm getting better with letting people touch my feet...and not freaking out. Still won't allow it during a massage, but a pedicure is do-able.

Then we all had manicures.

Makena asked for anchors on her thumbs.


I just asked for a normal paint on my toes and a French manicure. (Can you tell that my skin needs sunlight?)

Jamie wasn't going to have a manicure, but they gave him one anyways.Then Makena and I headed off for our facials while Jamie had a water treatment massage. A wonderful way to end our day at the spa!

We had originally planned to go out to dinner afterwards, but we were all so relaxed that we just wanted to head home. So instead, Jamie drove over to PF Changs to pick up dinner. We all met back at the house, ate dinner on the couch and watched movies until late that night.

A wonderful and relaxing day with those I love. I can't think of a better way to spend the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment