Friday, November 12, 2010

Coolest Mom Ever continues...

The 'Coolest Mom Ever' saga continues...

On Wednesday, I took Makena and her friend Greer to another concert. This one was called the Fearless Friends Tour. There are 6 bands on this tour; 4 of them I knew. There was 1 of them I could have gone without hearing, but that's just how it goes when you're the Coolest Mom Ever.

The concert was at The Hawthorne Theater. If you haven't been there, the lounge side is actually bigger (seriously) than the concert hall. Good place for lots of speakers, kids and loud music.

The doors were to open at 5pm, so we left directly from school. It was a toasty 40 degrees out when we were standing in line. Luckily, there were only about 75 people in front of us and the doors opened shortly after 5pm.


After getting inside, I headed straight for the 21 & Older area. There usually aren't very many people there and you can still see everyone in the crowd. I could spot the girls, listen to the music and talk to other adults. I met another Cool Mom there with her 14 year old daughter and friends. We talked and laughed he entire time. I'm sure I'll meet up with her again soon.

The FreeCreditScore.com band (Victorious Secrets) were the opening act. Goofy group of guys, but good.

Next was Go Radio; the band that Makena most wanted to see. Meeting the lead singer of this band, Jason Lancaster, was on Makena's list of '50 Things to do...'. Side Note: Jason Lancaster used to be the lead singer for Mayday Parade; the headliner of this tour.

And this is Jason Lancaster. Yep...lots of tattoos, and he has those stupid things in his ears, but he has a raspy, deep voice that young girls apparently love. I mean...who wouldn't right?

Makena did meet him, but would take a picture with him. Silly goose...

Up next was Artists vs Poets. The lead singer had such nice, fluffy hair. I text Makena to touch his hair when she was talking to him.

"No, Mom...no" was the reply text.

So when he came upstairs after his set, I kept staring at his hair. Then he stood next to me and we talked for a bit. The other Cool Mom tried to take a picture of me with him, but my cell phone wouldn't cooperate and the picture just turned out a bright mess. And my daughter wouldn't cooperate and give me the camera. Oh well, it was a good thought. And a good laugh.

The next band was Every Avenue. Then Breathe Carolina was up - the band I could have done without. (I just don't understand the point of screaming into the microphone.) And finally, Mayday Parade. By the time we got out of the concert, it was after 11pm. A full night.

It's a shame that these talented, smaller bands don't have the look needed to make money like Justin Bieber or The Jonas Brothers. Or maybe they just haven't met the right person. They do have a large, faithful following so they continue to make some money doing what they love. They walk around after their shows, selling tshirts and cd's and talking to their fans. They sign shirts, shoes, and who knows what else, and get pictures taken with their fans. They drink crappy beer, because it's cheap, and wear their own band tshirts.

Until next time,
Coolest Mom Ever

2 comments: