Sunday, November 7, 2010

Cancun - Part Una mas cerveza

One tour we went on was set up by the resort. We had to go to a jewelry store first, but then we were taken to a couple of markets and then to Margaritaville.

Gotta love these shopping carts at the Mexican Outlet store.

Leah & Cousin doing some shopping.

Jamie (who doesn't drink beer), drinking a Corona after shopping.

Then playing around outside of the Hard Rock. Where they had PINKtober for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

We decided to stop for a couple of cervezas at Carlos 'n Charlies before heading to Margaritaville.

Which was fun...until a cockroach *flew down and landed on the table in front of me. The waiter (apparently the local cockroach spotter) ran towards our table, but I had already flicked (with my beer bottle) the nasty thing off the table, towards Cousin (who was impressed). My sister frantically tried to save the bug while I frantically tried to step on it. Jamie agreed to go sit outside with me until everyone else was done.

The 6 of us crammed into a taxi and headed to Margaritaville.

Margaritaville = drinking, fun, dancing, balloon hats, drinking, dancing, repeat...

I think that Leah, my sister and I were pulled up to dance 5 or 6 times while trying to eat dinner.
Then Cousin joined a conga line, where they stopped a few times for shots.

The next day, we went on a tour by boat to Isla Mujeres - Island of Women. Jamie called the boat "a booze cruise", which was pretty much what it was.

Booze Cruise = fun, music, snorkeling, then drinking, dancing, drinking, repeat...

Leah and I getting ready to snorkel

Jeanie & Leah

This was the first time Jamie and I had seen a barracuda while snorkeling. I don't think I'd ever like to see one again. After it stared me down, hissed at us and then showed it's long, sharp teeth, we swam away.

Jamie and I

We also saw other beautiful fish and some calamari. One of the divers brought up a sea star that I was able to hold. It was hard shelled and bigger than our star fish. I also spotted a pair of sunglasses that Jamie dove down and got for me.

This is what those that didn't snorkel did...drink.

When we arrived at the island, we were given lunch and a few hours to shop or swim.

Bob, Jeanie, Jennifer and I went in to town to shop while the others stayed back at the beach.

When we got back on the boat, there was a lot more drinking and dancing. One guy (who maybe already had a bit too much to drink) kept asking Leah, Jennifer and I to dance. Then, the 'cruise director' chose 4 couples to put on a little show for us.

These pictures can't even explain how funny this was. Even funnier, Leah's parents were on this trip with us...

Then, all of the guys danced to YMCA. Well...kinda.

And the girls did the Macarana. Well...kinda.

We all had dinner together again that night. Then Jamie and I spent some time back in the hot tub.


*I was informed that cockroaches don't really "fly". I honestly don't care what they do, as long as they do it far from me. This particular cockroach dropped from a vent in the ceiling, or so I'm assuming. This vent, just so happened to be above my head...the perfect place for sneaky cockroaches to hide.

No comments:

Post a Comment