Sunday, November 7, 2010

Cancun - Part Uno

The 11 of us - Jamie & I, T & Chad, Cousin & Leah, Steve & JoNell (Cousin's parents), Jennifer (Cousin's sister) and Bob & Jeanie (Leah's parents) - left on an early flight for Cancun. We met up with Leah's friend, Courtney, when we arrived later that afternoon. We were all very excited to spend the next 7 days relaxing and enjoying the Sunset Lagoon Resort.

After a few hours registering and snacking, we finally made it to our rooms to unpack. Jamie and I shared a suite with Bob & Jeanie.

*I've tried to put a few photo collages in my Cancun posts so that I could upload as many pictures as possible.*

Then we all met up at the pool and spent time in the hot tub.


Because we had an all inclusive package, we could order room service and drinks any time we wanted. Chad loved this!

The resort was part of a time share that Cousin and Leah have. Because of this, we needed to sign up for a tour of this particular resort. They needed at least 6 of our 12 people to attend the tour in order for us to get free excursion tours outside of the resort. The tour was supposed to be 90 minutes, but ended up being almost 4 hours. A long start to our Sunday...


We did get to tour the yachts at the resort though.

After that, we just relaxed around the pool and the lagoon.

Which made Sunday much better.

On Monday, we decided to head over to the beach. The water was warm and beautiful, but the waves were a little abusive. We still had fun!

Chad and Jamie rented some boogie boards.

After a few hours, it was just Jamie, Cousin, Chad and I left at the beach. We continued to play in the waves until I lost my sunglasses and new ankle bracelet (the 'Mexican bling') that I bought from a man on the beach.

Our waiter made sure to keep our glasses full. He also made sure that we made it safely on the last shuttle back to the resort. But not before we got some pictures of ourselves with him and the bartender.

This is about the time my memory started to fade. Not a good story though I'm sure, as I spent the next day in bed.

Yep, the entire day in bed.

While in sunny, beautiful Cancun.

Trying to keep food down. Trying to relieve horrible cramping.

And that's all I'm gonna say about Tuesday.

Thankfully, I was feeling quite a bit better on Wednesday, because we had a jungle tour planned. Jamie, T, Cousin, Leah and I took a boat through the jungle to do some snorkeling.

I was looking forward to more "jungle", but this is all we got.

Oh well, we had a good time snorkeling! My sister and I bought under water cameras and were off.

Of course, we spotted a sting ray after we had taken all of the pictures in both of our cameras.

When we got back to the resort, we spent more time at the pool and the lagoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment