Monday, May 31, 2010

Walden Island - Day "I lost count"

We left on Thursday afternoon to head up to the lake. We decided to build a deck and do some yard work over the holiday weekend.

It, of course, rained almost the entire weekend. But, that just gave Jamie a reason to try out his new rain gear.

We spent a few hours (a few more than planned) deciding on the materials. Then we had to do the "normal" transfer; load it in the trailer, unload it from the trailer on to the boat, haul it over to the island, unload it from the boat on to the deck, load it on to the tractor and haul it up the hill to unload it a final time.

Of course Jamie always thinks we can put 800lbs in the boat that should only hold 300lbs.

While I pray that we make it to land safe & dry. (Mostly that we're dry.)

Due to the weather and planning, we weren't able to get everything started until early Saturday morning. But then we worked all day.
So that Lily & Moxie could relax on the new deck.
Jamie cut the field down on Sunday. We love that John Deer tractor!
I spent the day cutting down trees and blackberry vines. Enough for at least 3 large burn piles as well as some wood to burn in our fire pit.
I also hung up a few things inside The Shed. The little swinging pig is from Kylah & Kallie and the sign was made for me by my mom for my birthday.
Then we enjoyed watching the neighbors do yard work from our new deck.

And then we headed home for some much needed rest.

Happy Memorial Day!

2 comments:

  1. Yahoo...great looking deck! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deck looks great Red! What a great place to enjoy the view.
    And I blew up the pix of the sign in your window so I could read it. LOL Crack me up!

    ReplyDelete