Sunday, May 23, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend

I had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend! Makena and I headed to Garibaldi on Friday to spend the weekend with my mom and Gram. What a gorgeous weekend it turned out to be.

My mom and I spent a few hours shopping on Saturday. We hit all of our favorite antique shops, and both found some new treasures.

Makena and Rudy took the dogs to the beach while Mom & I shopped. Makena took around 400 pictures (that's my girl!) and will hopefully edit and share some of those soon.

That night, Rudy took us all out for Chinese. It's Makena's favorite.

Then Makena and I drove around Garibaldi for a while so that I could take a few pictures too.

She thought the path was "dangerous"
We made it!
(That's Garibaldi in the background.)
Makena found a crab...that didn't move.
Makena peeked through as I was taking the shot.
throwing rocks
See the pipes sticking out of the rock forms in the photo below?

Makena says "Can I go climb on that?"

"Umm...no." I say

"Why not?"

"Because you might impale yourself on those big, rusty pipes."

"Seriously?"

"Totally."

She didn't climb on them.

1 comment:

  1. Yahoo...looks like you got your bloggin' all caught up. Love, love, LOVE all your wonderful photos!!!

    ReplyDelete