Sunday, January 10, 2010

2009: In Review

I found this list of questions on another blog that I follow and thought I would give it a try.

What did you do in 2009 that you had never done before? I took a camera class - loved every minute of it and am still learning about my camera each day.

Did you keep your New Years Resolutions? I don't recall that I had any. I know I wanted to try to get "healthier" - sometimes I followed through and sometimes I didn't.

Did anyone close to you give birth? Not that I can recall, but was crossing my fingers for it!

Did anyone close to you die? My great-grandmother (Father's grandmother) and then my grandmother (Father's mother)

What places did you visit 2009? Walden Island (as often as we could), Garibaldi, Pike's Place Market, the beautiful Caribbean, Alaska, Maryland

What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? More time to scrapbook - I miss it.

What date in 2009 will be etched in your memory and why?

January 21, 2009 - Our first African-American President began his first day in the office.
May 10, 2009 - Mother's Day
May 15, 2009 - had several friends out to the lake (they helped work, but we still had fun!)
June 12, 2009 - road trip to Relay For Life of Tacoma; Celebrated 25 years of HOPE
June 20 & 21 - Relay For Life of Hillsboro 2009; my 5th Relay
September 2, 2009 - Makena turned 13
August 15, 2009 - I saw my dad for the first time in years
December 24, 2009 - we spent time with a lot of my family on Christmas Eve and it's been more than 10 years since I was able to do that

What was your biggest achievement? Keeping up with my blog and creating a photography blog. Giving time to myself and not feeling guilty about it - something I'll continue to work on in 2010.

Did you suffer any injuries or illness in 2009? I broke my toe at the end of 2008, which was still healing in 2009. Other than that, I tried (very hard) to stay healthy and in one piece! PS: my mental illness has been with me for years!

What was the best thing you bought? I would probably have to say my camera bag and some accessories. The new John Deer tractor up at the lake was the best thing too, but I didn't "personally" buy it.

Where did most of your money go? I think most of my money goes to groceries each week. It's amazing how fast you can spend $100 at the grocery store! Also, sadly, I owed the government money (bastards!)

What song will remind you of 2009? Yikes...I dunno...maybe John Mayer's 'Waiting on the World to Change' - the song isn't from 2009, but I AM still waiting for the world to change. People continue to amaze me - both good and bad.

What do you wish you could have done more of in 2009? Enjoyed the 'little things'. A constant goal of mine.

What do you wish you could have done less of? Not stressed or worried about so much. Another constant goal of mine.

What was your favorite TV program? Dexter, Criminal Minds, Medium, Grey's Anatomy, The Mentalist (I have a huge list on the DVR)

What was the best book you read in 2009? I think there were too many - still loving Dean Koontz, Kay Hopper and found Jodi Picoult

What was your favorite movie of the year? The Blind Side was great and one of the most recent

What did you do on your birthday and how old were you turning? I turned 34 in 09 - that actual day was spent with my Girl Scout troop at Great Wolfe Lodge.

What political issue did you struggle with this year? Oh geeshhh...way too many probably. It continues to amaze me that people are allowed to decide for others for whom they can marry. Women marry shitty men all the time (and visa-versa) but that's not an issue.

Who was the best person you met? I met some great people through Relay. I met my two beautiful CASA kids. And I met several more wonderful people through blogging.

In addition - some things I'm looking forward to in 2010 (in no particular order):

Getting my Etsy site loaded with product - that will sell. More on this soon!

My 6th Relay For Life of Hillsboro

Great times at Walden Island

Taking 1000's more pictures

My 35th (THIRTY FIVE - WOW) Birthday! (Hopefully celebrating in Vegas baby)

A wonderful niece or nephew

Time with family & friends

A healthier me

1 comment:

  1. ETSY shop? You have an ETSY shop? Spill it? I've been toying with doing that for Relay, but haven't taken the plung yet....can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete