Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mothers Day Weekend

Makena still wasn't feeling well on Friday, so we were hoping to head to Garibaldi early. Somehow...it never ends up that way...I had to mow, pack, work and do some shopping. We arrived early evening; T & Chad had gotten there on Thursday and Gram was over for a visit. We decided to start celebrating Mother's Day right away!

My sister started it (as usual) by breaking out gifts. She had gotten this beautiful necklace made - one for me, one for her and one for Mom - it has our initials on it. So sweet and something I will cherish.

you can tell this is my neck by all the freckles : )Then Momma got out our birthday presents to open up early too!
love her! Woodstock record (also the first record Mom owned) cute new apron
Gram's turn for some Mother's Day gifts
Momma's turn - I had a photo scrapbook made of her and Rudy

love this!
On Saturday, Chad and Rudy went golfing while Mom, T and I went shopping! There was a new antique shop in town that Momma wanted to show us and I wanted to make my usual trip to Wheeler Station Antiques. T & I found some great stuff!! (More on that in another post.)

Jamie surprised us by showing up at Wheeler Station - he had been at the lake since early Friday morning. We're getting a boat house folks! (More on that later too.)
lots going on in Momma's little house - can you guess where I was sitting?
T & I decided to go to CartM's (the dump/recycling center in Nehalem) on Sunday. More GREAT finds! Jamie, Chad and Rudy went golfing again, while Makena and Mom hung out at home. T & Chad usually leave early on Sundays, so it was nice to spend the extra time with my sister.
After golf, Jamie wanted to help with a few things around the house. Momma had found something that she wanted mounted on the house - Jamie said "No problem", Rudy said "No way" - and so it began...
Momma loves it!
We headed home a short time later. Makena and I stoped at a waterfall to take more pictures (again, another post) and arrived home around 6:30pm. Jamie made 'dinfast' (breakfast for dinner) and we tried to get to bed early. What a wonderful Mother's Day weekend!!
My sister also has a bunch of pictures that am patiently (anxiously) waiting to see.
I've noticed lately that the pictures I load from my laptop are much darker when I view them on my computer. And...Blogger is killing me again with the editing!! I double space and it doesn't show up that way...I center and it left indents. Oh...nothing is ever easy anymore!

1 comment:

  1. I had so much fun with my green-eyed girls!!!
    Love you all so much and was so happy to spend the weekend with you guys. Fun fun fun... momma's little art sure looks good.

    ReplyDelete