Thursday, April 9, 2009

Spring Vaca - Day 7

Day 7 (Friday 3/27) - we tendered at Grand Cayman around 9:30am.

Jamie and I went parasailing. We tried to talk Makena & Carol in to going with us, but they didn't think it would be fun. (In their defense; Makena doesn't like heights & Carol doesn't like water.) They were so wrong - it was gorgeous! I had our small camera up with me to take pictures, and had someone in the boat taking pictures with my other camera.


The parasailing boat dropped us off at a local beach, where Carol and Makena were waiting for us. We had lunch and enjoyed the beach before returning to the port.

Jamie & Makena looking for shells
We took a taxi-van to get back to the port. The driver kept unfolding seats from every corner of his van; in the end there ended up being 12 of us in this small Euro Van. Not bad for $4 per person!

We didn't have much time to shop back at port. We knew that this was our last stop, and wish we had had more time. After 4 days, I still had yet to buy anything! I couldn't believe it - I didn't come home with a single souvenir. Not a postcard, tshirt, nothing - what was I thinking?? Makena picked up little things at each place for her friends, as well as a new dress, hat and a couple of tshirts for herself. Jamie found tshirts and a hat, and Carol bought little things home too. I must have been more worried about getting pictures of things rather than shopping.
After dinner, we watched another show by the Carnival Valor Dancers.

No comments:

Post a Comment