Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A & M Landscape Maint.

Apparently Jamie thinks I have a lawn care business, so I've decided to name it A & M - for Amber and Makena. We had our first 'job' at our rental house yesterday. Jamie picked up an electric lawn mower at a garage sale for me to keep at the rental, and thought yesterday would be a great day for me to try it out. Makena and I went there after I picked her up from school.

A few things about the mower - I've never had an electric one before. If anyone is trying to decide between a gas or electric lawn mower - buy a battery operated one! What a PIA the electric one was! I'll admit that it's better than a manual, push-blade mower (cuz I've had one of those!), but the feet of extension cord in the yard and wrapped around me were not a good idea. I LOVE my battery operated mower at home. We've had it for about 6 years and bought it from someone who had used it for a few years before that even. No gas to mess with (and pollute the environment), no pull-cord to start it (whew!) and no extension cords to get wrapped up in.

Due to the length of the grass, it took me about 2 hours to get everything done. I had to mow with the blade set high, and then go back over it with it shorter. I also did small bit of weeding. Boy, is Jamie going to get a bill from A & M Landscape Maint. : )

Yes, Makena helped out a little (I know...shocking) by sweeping the front walkway and driveway. It also took her almost the entire two hours because she only had one hand to sweep with - she had to text with the other one of course! She did come up with a great idea when we left tho, milkshakes from Burgerville. Yummmy - she knows I'm a sucker for Burgerville!! I love Burgerville because they support the use of fresh ingredients, local ranchers and farmers and sustainable business practices, they have a healthy menu and they make a wonderful Black Forest Milkshake!

Amber - Owner & Operator, A & M Landscape Maintenance

2 comments:

  1. hey---you can mow my yard too, if it's just gonna cost me a Black Forest Milkshake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, it'd be a lot more than that! : )

    ReplyDelete