Monday, April 20, 2009

I'm a bleach girl!

I am a person that loves the smell of bleach, I always have. To me, that smell means 'clean'. Every other product I use is an all-natural product (inside & outside of my home) but I just can't seem to give up bleach. For years I have read articles about the affects of bleach and I really just need to make the switch! Here is an article today that caught my eye...

To a lot of people, clean just isn’t clean if it doesn’t smell like bleach. The bleach that smells like, well, bleach is made from chlorine and is a pretty nasty product to have and use in your home. In addition to being harmful to humans and pets when inhaled, chlorine bleach doesn’t play well with others and becomes extra-toxic when mixed with the chemicals commonly found in other household cleansers. Want to deep-clean your world without all the nasty side effects? Try using non-toxic cleansers. Still can’t live without bleach? Switch to hydrogen peroxide instead of chlorine bleach. Hydrogen peroxide is a combination of hydrogen and oxygen and can do a lot more for you than turn tresses platinum. In low concentrations, it works well as a disinfectant and antiseptic without the smell and potentially harmful effects of chlorine bleach.

Still not sold? Consider this: hospitals do not clean with chlorine bleach — it’s too dangerous, too smelly and it doesn’t kill mold (it just bleaches it!). Hospitals clean with peroxide-based cleansers. To get your home antiseptically clean, consider making the switch. Your lungs, your damp basement and your planet will thank you
.

1 comment:

  1. I use Dr. Bronner's soap on everything, I love the smell of peppermint over the old harsh smells. It's divine!

    ReplyDelete