Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Caution!

Makena and I got to the Hillsboro Main Library at least once a week, and I usually go to Costco afterwards for gas. After turning on to Airport Way (going behind Costco & past Triquint) and turning on to 48th to go to Costco, I was pulled over by a motorcycle cop. I honestly had NO idea that I was even speeding! I saw the cop down the road and it never even occurred to me to slow down or look at my speedometer as it didn't even cross my mind that I was speeding. I assumed that I was going along with the other traffic and still didn't even look at my speedometer when his lights came on - again, not thinking it was me. I was just slowing down to pull over and get out of his way. Well...apparently I was speeding...he said that he clocked me on the laser going 42 in a 25. (Maybe I just had the biggest car?!?) He also said that the neighborhood had been complaining about speeding vehicles and that's why he was out there...hmmm...

Take caution the next time you are driving down Airport Way...be sure to look at your speedometer!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up...we go home that way after Costco..I'm always going slow there however, to look at that little red barn on the left hand of the road!

    I'll make sure to give Victor (speed demon) a heads up!

    Sorry it had to happen to you.... ;-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. The crappy part is that I'm not a speeder! Oh well...I wasn't paying attention to my speed so I can't really get upset about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know all about the cop that sits there. I go to and from work every day on that road. I can watch from my desk people getting pulled over. All of Airport Way is 25mph. It's hard to get used to because everything around it is 35 and up.

    ReplyDelete