Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My problem child

I'm sure you're all aware of the problem child Makena can be. (Just kidding Pook, they all know you're an angel.)

Last year, Makena had her "I {heart} Boobies - Keep a Breast" bracelet taken away from her by a teacher at school. Then another one was taken away and conveniently lost.

Yesterday, Makena was asked to change her jeans.

*************

ME: What for?

MAKENA: I don't know, I guess because of one of the holes in them.

You had to change your jeans because they had a hole in them? They let girls wear words on the ass of their pants and you can't wear yours because of holes?

I guess so.

I'll talk to the school about it.

No Mom. (There may have been an eye roll here.)

***************

I, of course, talked to the school about it. They said that they had never noticed Makena wearing these jeans before, or they would have said something then. (I think Makena actually owned these sames jeans last year. Maybe the hole has just grown with her.)

ME: So there isn't anything wrong with wearing jeans with holes in them, it's just this pair?

HIM: No, that holes are fine. It's just that this hole is large and high on her leg.

Because I see students wearing these kinds of jeans every day. I see girls with words on the butt of their pants and that's okay. I see short shorts and that's okay. But, as long as the hole is not too big or high on her leg, it's okay.

Yes. And students aren't allowed to wear short shorts either.

hmmm...maybe that's just during gym then. So we can patch up that one hole and she can wear the jeans?

Yes. Good idea, then she can do some sewing.

Okay, I'll have her fix them then.

**********************

ME: We'll just get a patch a fix the hole in your jeans. Maybe we can find a big one that says "I {heart} Boobies".

MAKENA: That's funny...I thought about that.

And we laughed.

Then, I think to myself, is that good parenting? I think that may just get us both in trouble at the school.

(But it's funny...)

1 comment: