Thursday, October 7, 2010

I'm a Research Volunteer

And I have the tshirt to prove it!


If you haven't heard, I was asked to chair a new position on the Relay For Life of Hillsboro Committee. Hillsboro, along with Beaverton & Portland, were chosen as enrollment sites for CPS-3 (Cancer Prevention Study 3) in our area. I'm very excited about this opportunity and will have more information on the blog about CPS-3 in upcoming months.

Do you see the size of that training manual? Yikes! Luckily, I will be flying to Dallas, TX for a couple of days in November for some actual training. I was told that the manual is mine (all mine) and to feel free to write in it. Oh boy will I.

Yes, I'm still planning to captain 3 teams for our event. Right now we are registered as "Tami's Teams" as I haven't yet decided on a name.

And yes, I'm also continuing to do the website. (Pssstt...it's updated if you want to check it out - www.hillsbororelay.org)

For even more fun, I'm also the Advocacy & Mission Delivery Chairs! I know...I know...it sounds like a lot. BUT, I'm very excited about it! I've done registration and accounting for 5 years now and am so happy to be passing that responsibility along. (SO happy!!!) I asked to do advocacy and mission delivery because I feel that they are both very important, but missing from our event. And they both somewhat tie in together as well as with CPS-3.

So, stay tuned for lots more information regarding the 2011 Relay For Life of Hillsboro!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah...so glad it's YOU doing CPS-3, MD & Advocacy!!! You'll get to meet Jessica in TX...she's great...so excited both our Events get to help with the study! ;)

    ReplyDelete