Thursday, April 15, 2010

Great Wolf Lodge

With their cookie sales earnings, Cadette Troop 41054 wanted to spend the night at Great Wolf Lodge. That's what they chose to do last year too, so they must have really enjoyed it. The cost uses more than half of their troop funds, so they must have really - really - enjoyed it.

I booked our stay and then found out that we were planning to go the same time a Council wide Girl Scout event was going. I called back to see if we could get a discount - we did - even better!

I then found out that there were more than 200 Girl Scouts going.

Trust me, the thought crossed my mind (several times) to change the date of our trip. There are always a lot of people at Great Wolf Lodge though so I figured we'd be (mentally) okay.

I borrowed a van (thanks Renee & Martin!) so that we could all ride up together. The girls snacked all the way up, and then were ready for lunch as soon as we got settled in the room. They were in the water park for about an hour and then wanted to go back to the room to eat again. About an hour later, they were ready for dinner.

"What?!? It's only 5pm and you're hungry again?" I ask

"We're growing girls!" I'm told


After dinner, we went back to the water park for a couple of hours. Then we headed back to the room to get ready for the Girl Scout PJ Party that had been planned by another troop.

My girls (I) volunteered to help the planning troop. Most of the troops were 5th grade and younger, so my girls were going to help where needed.

But first, they made bracelets.

They also helped at the coloring station, the friendship bracelet station and the game station. I think they had the most fun organizing the Freeze Dancing game.

Then they helped at the PJ Fashion Show.

The party didn't get over until around 11pm. We then headed back to the room to get ready for bed. I think we were all asleep by 1am.
I woke up by 7am (as usual) but waited until 8am to wake them up. They were so happy to see me that early in the morning!
We had breakfast and then headed back to the water park. After swimming, we checked out of our room and then the girls played in the Arcade.
Makena almost had this Care Bear 3 times. It just kept picking it up and then dropping it. She was not happy.


Thanks again for all your support with Cookie Sales this year! The girls had a great time at Great Wolf Lodge.

Their next adventure is a Babysitter Training/First Aid course at the American Red Cross.

1 comment:

  1. That looked like a load of fun! And although I'm sure they didn't want to initially sign up to help the planning they look like they enjoyed it once they started in.

    Although I know it's not the, "Teenage" thing to always remember to do, I hope you get the gratitude you deserve after all the time, energy, resources and mostly LOVE you put into the girls GS Troop.

    It will certainly be something you all remember for years to come !! ;-) They seem like a great troop so maybe they are overly thankful and full of gratitude???? ;-)

    Tell Pook sorry she got ripped off by the care bear machine. I've always LOVED the grab machines!!

    Loves!

    ReplyDelete