Saturday, April 3, 2010

1st Annual Brewers for Boobs

The 1st Annual Brewers for Boobs began on Thursday, April 1. This event was supporting the American Cancer Society's Making Strides Against Breast Cancer. Different breweries are offering tasters at local places downtown for donations. The bar/restaurant that raises the most in one night, wins.

How do you get new people involved with fundraisers? Offer food, beer and prizes of course!

And, I can't think of a better way to get men involved...put 'brewer' and 'boobs' in the same sentence. Voila - almost $1400 raised in one evening!

The first stop: East Burn downtown on East Burnside.
Jamie and I had dinner in the restaurant side first. I tasted the beers, while enjoying the food.

Then we went back to the tasting room, hoping to win a door prize or two.

No such luck. But, I enjoyed the evening anyways!

I'm hoping the other nights do just as well for this great cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment