Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Ray & Sam

Sorry, cell phone photos only for this post. Good times though!

Ray LaMontagne was playing at McMenamin's Edgefield on Labor Day weekend. Both my sister and I bought tickets to the show. We decided to bring Chad & Jamie too (mostly for fetching beer though).

After walking and walking and walking, I finally found the end of the entrance line. I found our place while everyone else went for drinks. Perfect plan I'd say.


Once inside, more drinks and food were needed. See those blue chairs we're sitting on - they're fabulous! And since I only give credit where credit is due, thank you for finding them Jamie. They have a pillow, arm rests with drink holders (very important), they recline, they have a pouch for items AND they have straps to carry them on your back. Good score Honey!



Jamie is not a big fan of McMenamins. Mostly because they are famous (according to me) for their own brewed beer. Jamie doesn't like beer. But, Jamie learns to like beer when the Dixie-cup size drinks he likes are $9 each and a full beer is only $6.





Ray was, of course FAB-u-lous! Jamie wasn't impressed that he came on late and then only played for 30 minutes. But I was happy! (That is until there was a little incident in the Honey-Bucket that caused an immediate shut down of my body. Sorry, but I can't relive the experience here. I can say that after changing into the 'swooshy' golf pants Jamie had in the car, I was a little better.)




After the show, we headed to Standford's for some Happy Hour food.






Love you baby sister - I had a great time!! Can't wait for another!




Iron & Wine/Samuel Beam played last Friday at Pioneer Courthouse Square during Music Fest NW. After picking up Makena from school, we headed downtown on the Max. (Note To Self: bring ear muffs for Makena & I on our next Max ride downtown. Mouthy f'ing kids...)


Although the venue was not as comfortable (you can't bring chairs), the show was just as good. Makena was very tired from her first week back to school and Jamie only had football on his mind (he was leaving early the next morning for a Ravens game). And sadly, Heineken was the sponsor so they were the only beer sold. (Heineken = sober night for me.)

Sam was, of course, fab-U-lous.

Thank you both for coming to see him with me. Even though I enjoyed it for all of us, it was still fun to spend time with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment