Friday, September 2, 2011

Back in the swing of things

Today is Makena's 15th Birthday. That makes me happy and sad all at the same time. Although I love the time that I get to spend with her now, I miss all the "little" girl things too. She will always be my baby and I will have always loved her first. Happy 15th Birthday Pook!!

Today is also the last Friday before school starts back up. High School. Again, happy and sad all at the same time. Makena was accepted to Terra Nova High School and we are all very excited about this opportunity for her. Not only is the school based on independent learning, but the kids also spend two days a week outside of school with a mentor. It's like a real job, but they don't get paid, they learn. There are 16 kids in the Freshman class, and crazy enough, there is a McKena in it.

Pretty soon there won't be anymore sleeping in late. I'll be getting Makena up at 6am to get ready for school as we need to be out the door by 7:20ish. Pretty soon there won't be anymore staying up late. Besides getting up earlier, the sun will be setting earlier. Everyone will be coming inside earlier, dinner needs to be made at a normal time, schedules return and we will begin to welcome Fall. {Big. Sigh.}

I am not a Fall person. I am not a Winter person. I am not really a Spring person either, other than the fact that it brings us in to Summer. I'm never really ready for Summer to end, but it's time to get back in the swing of things.

P.S. Hi Kathy!

1 comment: