Thursday, September 8, 2011

Good Things

Here are a couple of "Good Things" I've been participating in. Some new, some not.


TerraCycle - Even though I'm not participating in their Capri Sun Brigade any longer, they still have some great information on upcycling and eliminating waste (two Great Things!). They have some great products, fun contests and program ideas for schools and groups. (No, I did not buy the recycled toilet seat.)

eScrip - Supporting schools or programs with every day purchases on your credit/debit card. You signs up, and then any time you use your card at a participating place, your charity receives the credit. Because I do a lot of online shopping, this is also a benefit. I have a couple of other sites that I check first for donation status (iGive.com or MyPoints.com) but this is a good site too. Safeway is a big merchant for eScrip. Unfortunately I don't shop there very often. Black Bear Diner is on the list tho!

World Community Grid - They are the world's largest public computing grid that benefit humanity. When idle, your computer will request data on a specific project from World Community Grid's server. It will then perform computations on this data, send the results back to the server, and ask the server for a new piece of work. Each computation that your computer performs provides scientists with critical information that accelerates the pace of research! Loving this. I've been checking my stats daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment